COMPENDIUM, IEEC-2023   ( ISBN : 978-81-967860-4-5 )
Theme-4: Advances in Social Management in Agriculture and Allied Sciences

Disaster Management

Soniya Rishi and K.C. Meena

RCA, Udaipur (MPUAT, Udaipur)


The Disaster is the event that occurs without any prediction. The term ‘Disaster’ is loosely used to refer to as any incident, manmade accident, or natural occurrence that could affect the operation of the project in whatever way. We do not assess the impact of upcoming disaster. There are two type of disaster Natural and Manmade disaster. Natural disasters can cause destructive harm and tremendous loss to lives on earth.Disasters have adversely affected not only humans but also animals and all lives on earth. Disaster cause mass damage of construction or loss of economy. It gives very bad impact on the economy of the country.India has been traditionally vulnerable to the natural disasters on the account of its unique geo-climatic conditions. Floods, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes and landslides would have been recurrent phenomena. In India most of the disasters are caused by floods. About 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquakes of various intensities, over 40 million hectares is prone to floods, about 8% of the total area is prone to cyclones and 68% of the area is susceptible to drought. The new approach of Government of India proceeds from the conviction that development cannot be sustainable unless disaster mitigation is built in to the development process. Disaster Management occupies an important place in this country’s policy framework. Many Indian States have limited resources and lack their own disaster management plans. There is a significant need for proper disaster management systems and strategies to cope with the situations and reduce the impact. The advancement in information technology and communications has made the availability of large datasets that are highly useful for researchers. Recent works discuss machine learning applications in disaster management, growing exponentially.

IEEC-2023 at RARI (SKNAU, Jobner), Jaipur, Rajasthan organised by Society of Extension Education, Agra, India